Thursday, May 1, 2008

Mini Honey Mustard Meatloaves with Roasted Potatoes

I was never a meatloaf fan growing up. I'm not really sure why. Maybe it was the oatmeal, maybe it was the ketchup. Maybe it was because it was meat being sliced like bread. I may never know the reason.

So it was quite unlike me to pull this recipe out of Everyday Food magazine. Maybe it was the individual meatloaves; maybe it was the honey mustard. Either way these personal meatloaves have become a family favorite. And it takes under an hour, start to finish.

Mini Honey Mustard Meatloaves with Roasted Potatoes


Fab Food Friday 097


2 T olive oil + more for baking sheet
2 T honey mustard
2 T ketchup
1 lb hamburger (or ground turkey)
1 large egg, lightly beaten
1/2 c panko (Japanese breadcrumbs)1 c shredded white Cheddar (I use orange Cheddar)
course salt & ground pepper
1 lb white new potatoes, scrubbed & quartered (I use russet and just cut them thin)

Preheat oven to 450, placing racks in upper and lower thirds. Brush rimmed baking sheet with oil (I use Reynolds non stick foil). In a small bowl mix honey mustard and ketchup.

In a medium bowl combine beef, egg, panko, 1/2 c Cheddar, 1/2 t salt and 1/4 t pepper. Form into 4(four) 2x4 inch loaves. Place on baking sheet. Brush with mustard mixture. Top with remaining Cheddar.

On another rimmed sheet toss potatoes with 1 T oil, season with salt & pepper.

Place meatloaves on upper oven rack & potaotes on lower. Bake 10 minutes then rotate the baking sheets. Bake another 10 minutes. Remove loaves from oven and roast potatoes until tender, about 5 more minutes.

Serve with a salad.

Note: I only have one rimmed baking sheet so I put my potatoes in a 8x8 pan. On a baking sheet they will get crispier than mine.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'Pinki' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP

ss_blog_claim=cc9e1d94f6274b95f747d51cccacf62a