Friday, February 18, 2011

Brownie Cheesecake Like Disney Makes

Not quite a year ago I was invited on a culinary journey at Walt Disney World . When I left the home of the magical mouse I had a new appreciation for theme park dining- and a few new cookbooks.


I made this brownie cheesecake as part of a "thank you" dinner for my brother and brother-in-law. We were stranded in St. Louis during the Blizzaster earlier this month and they cleared our driveway of snow and ice- by hand- so we wouldn't have to do it at midnight when we got home.

Since brownies and cheesecake are two desserts that regularly show up at family dinners the combination of the two was divine! This recipe is attributed to Disney's Boardwalk Bakery and was taken from the book Delicious Disney Desserts.


Brownie Cheesecake

The addition of the cornstarch makes the cheesecake a bit more "firm" than a traditional cheesecake, and I substituted plain fat free yogurt for the heavy cream.

The recipe says it serves 12, but those are mighty big pieces! This is a perfect recipe for making "bite size" desserts- great for gatherings and parties.


Brownies
2 cups sugar
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
2/3 cup cocoa powder
1 1/2 teaspoons salt
1/2 teaspoon baking powder
5 eggs
2 sticks of butter, melted
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips

Preheat oven to 350°F. Grease a 13 x 9 x 2" baking pan. Sift together sugar, flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking powder in a large mixing bowl. Beat flour mixture and eggs on low speed using an electric mixer, scraping bowl occasionally and mixing until smooth. Slowly add melted butter and beat until just combined: do not over mix. Fold in chocolate chips.

Transfer batter to prepared baking dish. Bake until toothpick inserted into center comes out clean, about 30 minutes. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.

Cheesecake
3/4 cup sugar
3 tablespoons cornstarch
4 8-ounce boxes of cream cheese
1 tablespoon lemon juice
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 eggs
2 tablespoons heavy cream
2 tablespoons sour cream

Preheat oven to 325°. Cream sugar, cornstarch, and cream cheese in a large bowl using an electric mixer. Add lemon juice and vanilla extract, mixing thoroughly. Add eggs one at a time, scraping the bowl with each addition. Fold in heavy cream and sour cream. Spread batter on top of already baked brownies. Bake until cheesecake is lightly browned and firm, about 55 - 60 minutes. Cool completely and refrigerate at least one hour before serving.

6 comments:

Alexis Preatori

My mouth is watering right now as I look at those delicious cheesecakes. It also surprises me that you have use a fat free yogurt in making this dessert.

Caterers In New York

gluten free desserts

Those cheesecakes look so fine, I'd believe they were machine-cut if you told me so. Great job.

kitchen remodeling nyc

I like how simple yet elegant those cheesecakes turned out to be.I would pay good money just to taste them.

nyc catering

My grandmother used to make cheesecakes like that and they were really good. Your recipes are probably different, though.

irish restaurants

I haven't been to Disneyland so I don't know which cheesecake you're referring to, but I definitely would like to try yours. Where can I get some?

Nightlife in Singapore

Brownie cheesecake like Disney make tasty and delicious cake have a look at it

Blogger template 'Pinki' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP

ss_blog_claim=cc9e1d94f6274b95f747d51cccacf62a