Friday, March 11, 2011

Favorite Irish Recipes for St Patrick's Day

I look forward to St Patrick's Day like most people look forward to Christmas. And while I don't spend the day in a pub, I am usually immersed in craic (pronounced "crack", it's Irish for fun and entertainment) and surrounded by friends and family. New traditions begin for my family this year as my daughter has begun Irish dance and our week is filled with shows and parades. Apparently Irish dancers are popular this time of year.


Though I have a number of Irish recipes on this site, these favorites will be gracing our table this year.


Irish Brown Bread

These free form loaves are easy to make and have a wonderful sweetness that is enhanced by honey or jam. Absolutely delicious.


Fab Food Friday 088

A recent meal at a local pub left me craving this delicious dish. It's easy to put together and goes great with the brown bread and butter.


Bread and Butter Pudding

This is my husband's favorite dessert. It can be a bit time consuming to make, but the results are worth the effort! The butterscotch sauce and custard can be made a day or two in advance, but make the pudding and let it bake as you eat your meal- it is best served hot!

To complete the Irish atmosphere buy some Guinness or Magners, download anything by Gaelic Storm, The Glengarry Bhoys or Celtic Woman onto your MP3 player and invite some friends over.

Sláinte!

0 comments:

Blogger template 'Pinki' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP

ss_blog_claim=cc9e1d94f6274b95f747d51cccacf62a