Friday, May 13, 2011

Creating a Meal with Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken Breast

It's been a long time coming, but I am beginning to realize that I am busy. As in crazy busy. And when my family is otherwise occupied I need to be able to create a meal for myself quickly. Otherwise I find myself grabbing something from a convenience store that is 1) bad for me, 2) not really that tasty and 3) insanely expensive for what I am actually getting.

I try to prep food before hand but lately I've be
en running about on Sunday- my usual food-prep day. Recently I received a coupon to try the new Tyson® Grilled & Ready frozen chicken breast. The fact that it is fully cooked and takes only a couple minutes to heat in the microwave makes this my go-to meat for meals.

Since I mainly use leftovers and kitchen staples I am eating healthier and saving money!

Grilled Chicken Tacos

2 flour tortillas
1 cup Spanish rice
1/2 c lettuce
1
Tyson® Grilled & Ready frozen chicken breast
1/2 c shredded Cheddar
Salsa
Sour cream (optional)

Heat chicken breast, rice and tortillas. Layer as desired. Enjoy a quick and delicious meal!

Mexican Chicken Salad


Lettuce of choice
1 Tyson® Grilled & Ready frozen chicken breast
1/2 c Spanish rice
Salsa
Light ranch dressing
Shredded Cheddar

Heat chicken breast and rice. Layer salad. Mix salsa and ranch for a creamy yet spicy dressing. Enjoy an easy salad with a Mexican flair.

Chicken Pasta Salad

1 c spinach leaves
1/2 c tomato
1/2 c wheat pasta (cooked)
1
1 Tyson® Grilled & Ready frozen chicken breast
1 T extra virgin olive oil
1 T Balsamic vinegar
1 t Italian seasoning

Heat and chop chicken breast. Layer spinach, tomato, pasta and chicken breast in a bowl.
Mix EVOO & vinegar with Italian seasoning; toss with salad.
I usually put this in a divided container and tote it along when I know I won't make it home for dinner. It travels well and I'm not so tempted by the drive thru.

I received a coupon to try
Tyson® Grilled & Ready frozen chicken breast. Thoughts, photos and meals are my own.

1 comments:

Anonymous

I love those Tyson Chicken packets...you should also look for the ready to eat tyson chicken packets...they are not frozen but cooked...great for salads and cold pastas....and they have oven roasted chicken and beef strips as well...thanks for the post!!!

Blogger template 'Pinki' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP

ss_blog_claim=cc9e1d94f6274b95f747d51cccacf62a