Friday, February 22, 2008

Molten Chocolate Cakes

This recipe is great because I'm going to give you multiple options. The first option is one that I waited a long time to try because, quite frankly, I was intimidated by it. Food that looks pretty scares me. Mostly because I am not a chef or a food stylist and I have a difficult time makeing my food look as pretty as it does in the recipe photo.

Of course after I made these and realized just how easy they are I beat myself up over my silliness.

So I bring you the very easy and very pretty:




Molten Chocolate Cake



Fab Food Friday 072

This first recipe is from Kraft.
Prep Time:15 min
Total Time:30 min
Makes:8 servings, one half molten cake each (yeah, right)

4 squares BAKER'S Semi-Sweet Baking Chocolate
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2 eggs
2 egg yolks
6 Tbsp. flour

PREHEAT oven to 425°F. Butter four 3/4-cup custard cups or soufflé dishes. Place on baking sheet.

MICROWAVE chocolate and butter in large microwaveable bowl on HIGH 1 min. or until butter is melted. Stir with wire whisk until chocolate is completely melted. Stir in sugar until well blended. Blend in eggs and egg yolks with wire whisk. Stir in flour. Divide batter among prepared custard cups.

BAKE 13 to 14 min. or until sides are firm but centers are soft. Let stand 1 min. Carefully run small knife around cakes to loosen. Invert cakes onto dessert dishes.


Fab Food Friday 073

I serve this warm with vanilla ice cream. You can also serve with whipped topping or just sprinkled with powdered sugar.

Now I know that I eat a whole custard cup size of this dessert. If you want to make a single serve size you can make it in muffin cups: Prepare batter as directed; pour evenly among ten paper-lined medium muffin cups. Bake at 425ºF for 10 min. or until sides are firm but centers are soft. Let stand 1 min. Makes 10 servings.

You can also make the batter ahead of time (best for custard cup preparation): Batter can be made a day ahead. Prepare batter as directed; pour into prepared custard cups. Cover with plastic wrap. Refrigerate up to 24 hours. Let stand at room temperature 1 hour before baking as directed.


The final option is a recipe my mom made when I was growing up. We call it Hot Fudge Pudding. This recipe is made in a 9x9 pan in the oven or microwave.

1c siftedflour
1/4 t salt
1/2 c milk
1 c nuts (optional)
2 t baking powder
3/4 c sugar
1/2 T oil
2 T cocoa

Combine all ingredients and pour into a 9x9 pan.

Sprinkle the following over the top:
1 c brown sugar
1/4 c cocoa
1 1/2 c hot water

Bake 45 minutes at 350 or microwave 10-15 minutes.

This is best when served with vanilla ice cream.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'Pinki' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP

ss_blog_claim=cc9e1d94f6274b95f747d51cccacf62a