Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Mmmm... Baked Apples

In October I happened upon Laney Pottery's website and was instantly drawn to their apple bakers. I love baked apples. And since I was looking for affordable and useful gifts for my in-laws for Christmas I figured I had found just what I was looking for.

After receiving rave reviews from my in-laws about their apple bakers I figured I needed to try one for myself. Jayme was kind enough to send one out to me and I have- finally- gotten around to trying it! (Every time I was going to it seemed that all the apples had "disappeared"!)

Well, today the girls and I tried out our apple baker. We used the very easy recipe that Laney Pottery provides. We peeled and cored the apple (I used a small melon baller to core it quickly) and placed it in the apple baker with butter, brown sugar, cinnamon & ground cloves.

After baking for 25 minutes it was ready to eat. Hot from the oven this would be a great side dish or dessert served with caramel, ice cream or whipped cream. But I just cut it to bite sized pieces and my girls eagerly ate it without anything else.

Baked Apple collage


At only $9 each these handy -hand made- apple bakers are a bargain. And they can be made in a variety of colors to match your kitchen. Visit Laney Pottery's website or etsy page to order yours.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'Pinki' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP

ss_blog_claim=cc9e1d94f6274b95f747d51cccacf62a