Thursday, June 11, 2009

Lite Creamy Broccoli Lasagna

One of the perks of writing about food is that, sometimes, companies want you to eat their food. Depending on the company I will either accept or decline the offer.

A couple of weeks ago Robert's Dairy, a company well known in the Midwest, reached out to me via Mom Select and asked if I would be interested in trying some of their products. Trying? I already use their stuff so I, quite nonchalantly, said, "sure". OK, so I wasn't nonchalant. I told them straight up that I already used and loved their products so they should choose me. And they did.

A few days ago I received some great coupons in the mail for me as well as this link so all of you could get coupons too! Roberts Dairy serves Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri and Kansas as well as parts of Colorado, Illinois and South Dakota.


Now... About those recipes. I only received a few but you can find hundreds at the Roberts Dairy website. And, though they call for Roberts Dairy products you can, of course, use whatever brand you like.

I made the Lite Creamy Broccoli Lasagna last night. I had been looking for a new meatless recipe, and this fit the bill. As I'm not a fan of fungi (mushrooms), Doug was surprised I made this. My girls devoured it- especially the mushrooms! The cottage cheese gave it a lovely "melty" texture. It's a great way to get the kids to eat their veggies!

Lite Creamy Broccoli Lasagna


Ingredients

9 uncooked lasagna noodles (I used wheat. I think you could also use the "no boil" noodles in this, too)
1 pound fresh mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup chopped onion
2 tablespoons Roberts Butter
1/3 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon chicken bouillon granules
3/4 teaspoon garlic salt
1/4 teaspoon pepper
1/4 teaspoon dried thyme
1-1/2 cups Roberts Skim Milk
6 cups broccoli florets
1-1/2 cups Roberts 1% Cottage Cheese
10 ounces reduced-fat Swiss cheese, shredded, divided

Preparation

Cook noodles according to package directions. Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, sautè mushrooms and onion in butter until tender. Add the flour, bouillon, garlic salt, pepper and thyme; stir until blended. Gradually add milk. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2 minutes or until thickened. Add broccoli; cook for 3-5 minutes. Stir in cottage cheese and three-fourths of the Swiss cheese. Drain noodles.

In a 13in.x9in.x2in. baking dish coated with nonstick cooking spray, layer three noodles and a third of the sauce. Repeat layers twice. Cover and bake at 350 degrees for 35-40 minutes or until bubbly and broccoli is tender. Sprinkle with remaining Swiss cheese. Bake, uncovered, 5 minutes longer or until cheese is melted. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting.

Yield: 12 servings

This post sponsored, in part, by
Mom Select - Bringing Companies and Moms Together

3 comments:

Anonymous

yummy! I might try that tonight!

Laine

just printed this off to make tomorow for lunch.... :) feeding an army of babies!

Laine

This wasn't so great with the no boil lasagna, I had to back it longer and then the pasta was dry. To save the dish I ended up mashing everything together on the stove top in a large pot and added vegetable broth. If I make this again I will use regular "need to boil" lasagna noodles!

Blogger template 'Pinki' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP

ss_blog_claim=cc9e1d94f6274b95f747d51cccacf62a