Monday, October 19, 2009

Authentic Asian Food- Fast

I’ve never had luck cooking Asian food. Asian inspired I can do. Even faux Asian. But real Asian food continues to elude me. I’m not sure if it’s the amount of prep work involved or if my stovetop just doesn’t get hot enough. No, I probably shouldn’t have sold my wok at a garage sale a few years back.

But, what ever the reason, I turn, time and again, to take out for Asian cuisine. Which can get expensive. I am considering trying the Sun-Bird seasonings or a meal kit. Their products include sauce mixes like honey sesame chicken, sweet & Sour and Kung Pao, spices for fried rice and stir fry, and marinades in both teriyaki and honey. I figure it’s worth a try as my girls love Asian food.

If you stop in the Asian section at your store and see the Sun-Bird items you should also see a form to enter and win a Blu-Ray ™ Disc player. Sun-Bird is giving away 15 thru October 31, 2009.

Here’s the Quick Chicken Stir Fry recipe from the Sun-Bird site:

1 package Sun-Bird stir fry seasoning
2 T soy sauce
2 t sugar (or sugar substitute)
1/3 c water
2 T oil
1 lb boneless chicken, cut into strips
1 pkg (1 lb) Oriental style frozen vegetables (without sauce)

Blend seasoning packet, soy sauce, sugar and water. Set aside.

In a large skillet or wok heat oil; add chicken, stir fry until browned. Add vegetables; stir fry until heated through.

Add liquid mixture and stir fry 1-2 minutes more; until thickened.

Serves 4


Post?slot_id=72472&url=http%3a%2f%2fsocialspark

0 comments:

Blogger template 'Pinki' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP

ss_blog_claim=cc9e1d94f6274b95f747d51cccacf62a