Thursday, August 7, 2008

Slow Cooker Baked Beans

I can not believe I don't have a picture of this recipe anywhere! It's kind of a joke that I take pictures of all my food, but this one I missed.

Now, the original recipe came from Kraft but you can really do whatever you want with these.


Slow Cooker Baked Beans

3 cans (15 oz. each) pinto beans, drained, rinsed
1 cup Barbecue Sauce
1 small onion, chopped
1/4 cup firmly packed light brown sugar
2 slices bacon, chopped

PLACE all ingredients in slow cooker; mix well. Cover with lid.

COOK on LOW for 4 to 6 hours (or on HIGH for 3 hours).

Some changes I've made:
  • I'm not a ran of fresh onions so I use about 1/4 c onion flakes
  • Use 3/4 c BBQ sauce and 1/4 c honey
  • Try dark brown sugar for a richer sweetness
  • Chop some kielbasa instead of bacon

Really, this is an easy recipe that has as many variations as you can think up. Great for cookouts and backyard BBQs.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'Pinki' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP

ss_blog_claim=cc9e1d94f6274b95f747d51cccacf62a