Friday, October 31, 2008

Pork Chops with Apples and Stuffing

I'm gonna be honest here and tell you that for all the cooking that I do from scratch I have a tendency sometimes to be lazy. As in seriously lazy. As in I don't want to spend a lot of time making dinner because, honestly, I'd rather be playing with my girls in the crispy leaves outside.

So this dinner is perfect for fall. It has apples (and the only thing that is more fall to me than apples is pumpkin) and stuffing. Oh, and only 3 ingredients.

The best part? Noone has to know how unbelievably simple it is unless you tell them. Because, honestly, it tastes like you spent the afternoon in your kitchen.

I got this recipe from Kraft's Food & Family magazine (it's free, so you should definitely sign up for it) and we've had it twice in a month (once with chicken instead of pork).

Pork Chops with Apples and Stuffing


Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 50 min
Makes: 6 servings

Three Ingredients:

1 pkg. (6 oz.) Stuffing Mix for Chicken
1 can (21 oz.) apple pie filling
6 boneless pork loin chops (1-1/2 lb.), 3/4 inch thick

Make It

HEAT oven to 375ºF. Prepare stuffing mix as directed on package.

SPREAD pie filling onto bottom of 13x9-inch baking dish sprayed with cooking spray; top with chops and stuffing. Cover with foil.

BAKE 30 min.; uncover. Bake 10 min. or until chops are cooked through (160ºF).

Now remember- no one has to know how easy it was!

2 comments:

Anonymous

I love apples with pork. I found a cheesy pork with spicy apples recipe a few weeks ago and made it. REALLY yummy! My husband doesn't get why I mix fruit in like that. He's just crazy I say! Do you put raisins in stuffing too?

McVal

My husband has a fabulous recipe with a pork loin, apples and onions but this looks much easier. I needed an inspiration for dinner tonight! I'm thawing chicken as we type, but I have the other 2 ingredients as well and am going to put all 3 in the crockpot over my lunch to day. Our after work/school schedule is crazy, but at least it will all be ready to eat when we are! I can always pop it in the oven to crisp it up a bit when we get home. Thanks for the idea!

Blogger template 'Pinki' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP

ss_blog_claim=cc9e1d94f6274b95f747d51cccacf62a