Saturday, January 9, 2010

Slow Cooker Cranberry Pork

A while back we bought half a pig. That may sound odd to those of you not near rural communities. What that means is we bought half a butchered pig. So we have a pork product at least once a week. I had a shoulder roast sitting in the freezer when I found this recipe from AllRecipes.com on my Dinner Spinner (free app for the iPhone or iTouch).

The recipe calls for a pork loin roast but I think you can use any pork roast cut. Because it has cranberries this is a great fall or winter meal. You could possibly serve it for the holidays. Because it's cooked in a slow cooker I term it a "quick & easy" recipe. It may take 4-8 hours to cook- but it's "hands off" time!



Ingredients

* 1 (16 ounce) can cranberry sauce (I used canned whole berries but you can use just the jelly)
* 1/3 cup French salad dressing (I used Catalina)
* 1 onion, sliced (I used dried chopped onions, about 1/4 c)
* 1 (3 pound) boneless pork loin roast (shoulder roast works well, too)
* Optional: season the pork with salt and pepper
* Optional: I added 1T prepared horseradish for additional flavor

Directions

1. In a medium bowl, stir together the cranberry sauce, salad dressing, and onion. Place pork in a slow cooker, and cover with the sauce mixture.
2. Cover, and cook on High for 4 hours, or on Low for 8 hours. Pork is done when the internal temperature has reached 160 degrees F (70 degrees C).

I paired this with my Gouda Mashed Potatoes.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'Pinki' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP

ss_blog_claim=cc9e1d94f6274b95f747d51cccacf62a