Friday, June 24, 2011

Beautiful, Easy & Delicious Shrimp Scampi recipe

One of my favorite cooking magazines is Cuisine at Home. Though the recipes can often appear complex, they are just very detailed- which means that they come out consistently delicious!

This Broiled Shrimp Scampi with Parmesan crust is easy to make and impressive to serve to guests. It's also easy to increase servings. The recipe, as written, serves 2.

Web Images 3 - Page 037


* 1/2 Stick Unsalted Butter
* 1 Tbsp. Fresh Lemon Juice
* 1 Tbsp. Minced Garlic
* 1/4 tsp. Dried Dill
* Salt and Black Pepper to taste
* 2 Tbsp. Fresh Bread Crumbs (I used Panko)
* 1 Tbsp. Shredded Parmesan
* 1/2 tsp. Dried Oregano
* 1/4 tsp. Paprika
* 10-12 Extra Large Shrimp, peeled, tails left on and deveined, about 8 oz. (Purchase shrimp that has been peeled and deveined if possible- you will save a ton of time!)

Preheat broiler with oven rack 6-8 inches from the heating element.

Melt butter in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir in lemon juice, garlic, dill, salt, and pepper. Let stand off heat to steep.

Combine bread crumbs, Parmesan, oregano and paprika in a small bowl; set aside.

Coast two 6 oz. casserole dishes with nonstick spray and place on a baking sheet. Arrange shrimp evenly in each dish. Divide butter mixture evenly between dishes and top with bread crumb mixture.

Broil until shrimp are cooked and bread crumbs are golden brown, about 5 to 7 minutes. Let cook 1 minute before serving.

I served this with a simple Caesar salad for a lovely light meal.

12 comments:

kalea_kane

That looks great. I make shrimp scampi for my husband all the time, but never like this. Thanks for sharing.

lorna vanderhaeghe

Lemon juice adds sweetness to the shrimp recipe.

Louis

The way you presented it is definitely great. It looks good. I should probably try that recipe sometime.

italian ingredients

John

I'm planning to be on a gluten-free diet for good health. It'll be great for me if you share recipes that are gluten-free.

gluten free pasta

restaurants in norwich

I tried this dish last night and it was amazing, thank you very much.

Len Sandler

My wife liked this dish very much, thank you for sharing the recipe.

restaurant insurance

My mom tried this out and it was awesome. Thanks.

handmade kitchens suffolk

This is great,thank you very much.

kitchen remodeling nyc

I love shrimp and the recipe is the greatest, thanks.

beef jerky

I just made this tonight and it was Delicious! After reading the other reviews, I decided to add my own little touch and even took some suggestions from the other reviewers. I added green, red, and yellow bell peppers, scallions, and 1/2 cup of chicken broth. It came out perfect. I will definitely be making this one again.

nyc catering

My parents will surly love this dish, I'll make this tomorrow. Thanks.

bars Singapore

Great work. that was pretty interesting. Inspiring, as well. Thanks for sharing such inspiring experience with us. Great blog, congrats!

Blogger template 'Pinki' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP

ss_blog_claim=cc9e1d94f6274b95f747d51cccacf62a