Friday, July 15, 2011

Grilled Scallop Teriyaki Salad

I've had this recipe waiting until we had a grill that wouldn't decimate scallops. You see, my husband is a charcoal and wood grill guy and it can be really difficult to regulate temperature on one of those. As scallops are a bit more tender than say, steak, this recipe didn't get used until recently when I bought my husband a dual gas/charcoal grill for Father's Day.

Scallops are probably my favorite shellfish- I could have them weekly. And since we got our Costco membership they are actually somewhat affordable. The scallops didn't glaze quite as much as I expected, but I suspect my husband may have flipped them one too many times. But they were still delicious and a wonderful addition to the crisp salad.

Grilled Scallop Teriyaki Salad


Recipe adapted from Cuisine at Home.

Ingredients:
* 1 cup teriyaki sauce (use your favorite or try the teriyaki sauce recipe I use)
* 1/4 cup fresh lime juice
* 2 tablespoons fresh ginger, minced
* 1 tablespoon garlic, minced
* 12 large sea scallops (1 1/2 lb.)
* 1 cup broccoli floret
* 1 cup snow peas
* 2 cups napa cabbage, thinly sliced (I used prepared coleslaw mix)
* 1 cup carrot, cut in matchsticks (I used prepared coleslaw mix)
* 3/4 cup chow mein noodles
* 1/2 cup pineapple chunks
* 1/2 cup fresh cilantro, chopped


Directions:
1. Preheat grill to high.
2. Whisk teriyaki sauce, lime juice, ginger and garlic together in a bowl. Reserve half the mixture for the salad; pour the rest over the scallops in a resealable plastic bag. Marinate 20 minutes, chilled.
3. Blanch broccoli and peas in boiling salted water for 1 minute. Transfer to ice water, then drain. Toss blanched vegetables in a large bowl with remaining ingredients and reserved dressing (marinade).
4. Grill scallops until cooked through, 2-3 minutes per side, brushing with marinade. Remove from grill and serve on top of salad.





0 comments:

Blogger template 'Pinki' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP

ss_blog_claim=cc9e1d94f6274b95f747d51cccacf62a