Sunday, March 1, 2009

Celebrating Easter - Away From Home

We've been in Massachusetts just a couple of weeks and are enjoying our stay, though we miss our family back home. So when Doug told me last week that our stay had been extended by three weeks I really didn’t think much about it, other than to say that it would give us a chance to explore the area a bit more and maybe catch some nice spring weather before heading home.

And then I realized that our extended stay means that we will be in Massachusetts for Easter. Because I love to cook for my large extended family (and we all settled within the same area) I usually invite everyone over for a large dinner after church. That’s obviously not going to happen this year.

So… What to do with just my little family? I don’t want to do much that will have to be taken home with us the following week, but I don’t want to “skip” Easter, either. So now I’m searching for easter party ideas for a small family away from home. No large hams and pounds of potatoes… Not a lot of crafts that the girls will insist on bringing half way across the country with us…

I’m kind of hoping we can do our Easter egg hunt on the beach. Maybe we’ll get sand toys as baskets…

0 comments:

Blogger template 'Pinki' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP

ss_blog_claim=cc9e1d94f6274b95f747d51cccacf62a