Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Favorite Tools

When it was decided that my family would temporarily relocate to Boston for my husband's job it was difficult for me to leave my fully stocked kitchen. I have everything I need to make preparing meals easy and I was hesitant to leave them behind. Luckily we found a rental house with a nicely stocked kitchen and I only had to bring two items that have become essential to me.

The first thing I packed was my Magic Bullet.

I love this thing. I initially bought it to make baby food for my girls but I use it constantly to make bread crumbs, chop garlic, whip up smoothies... It's smaller and easier than digging out my big blender or food processor and so handy for the smaller jobs.

My second "can't live without" item is my Williams-Sonoma WS Professional Multi-Chopper. I asked for this for my birthday and then read so many bad reviews that I was worried when I received it. Most of the reviews said that it was hard to push down... Well, if you're cutting through an entire apple or potato all at once it's gonna take some force. I don't cut through in one swipe, but push down a couple of times and have no problem.

I think much of the issue is that a high counter top means you have to lift your arms higher to push the chopper down. A lower work space could solve the problem easily.


I can quickly slice an apple, cut french fries or slice potatoes. This saves me so much time since I am not a lightning fast chopper (and when I try I tend to cut myself).

The blades clean easily and everything stores inside the case. (You have to put the correct blade in the top for it all to fit, but it's easy enough to remember.) Love, love, love this.

1 comments:

Laine

Something everyone could use this season as it's apple picking time :) I have already gone through several bags of apples and can't keep up!

Blogger template 'Pinki' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP

ss_blog_claim=cc9e1d94f6274b95f747d51cccacf62a