Tuesday, July 6, 2010

Butoni Riserva Meal for Two

You've probably noticed that I haven't put up a new recipe in a couple of weeks. You could say I've been busy. Between family, travel, holidays and planning a blog conference my days are over-full. Cooking, which really is a stress reliever for me, just hasn't been happening as much as I would like. And when it does I fall back on tried and true favorites, slow cooker meals and making Doug grill.

Last night was the end of one of those days when I was exhausted, I hadn't planned dinner and it was raining. Luckily I had a Butoni Riserva meal in the freezer. A few weeks ago Foodbuzz sent me a coupon to try a new Buitoni frozen meal for two. Ahhh... rescued!

I had chosen the Braised Beef and Sausage Ravioli because it just sounded really good.

The instructions were easy to follow and dinner was ready in under 20 minutes (yes, my stove top takes forever to boil water). Though the package says it is a complete meal for two it easily fed my family of four when paired with a salad and slice of garlic bread.

The ravioli are very large and stuffed with meat and cheese. As we were eating I said to Doug,"This pasta is better than I've had at some Italian restaurants." He agreed.

Just look at the inside of the pasta. Yum! The sauce was a wonderfully tasty mix between a basic red sauce and a cream base. It was smooth and rich.





I was impressed with this quick meal from the freezer. If you serve it with a nice red wine- and without children- it would be a nice meal for a romantic evening for two.











Disclosure: I was sent a coupon to sample this Butoni meal. I paid for the salad and the bread. I was not compensated for this post; all thoughts are my own.

1 comments:

Wine bars in Singapore

This is just the information I am finding everywhere.Me and my friend were arguing about an issue similar to this! Now I know that I was right.Thanks for the information you post. I just subscribe your blog. This is a nice blog.

Blogger template 'Pinki' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP

ss_blog_claim=cc9e1d94f6274b95f747d51cccacf62a