Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Eggo Fruit Pizzas- A Quick Breakfast for Busy Mornings

Mornings are about to get crazy around here. School begins in 3 weeks with classes starting at 7:55am. That's sure to take our busy mornings to hectic. Because I am a big believer in a good breakfast I've been testing options the past few weeks. Requirement: a healthy breakfast in a short amount of time.

Right as I was beginning my testing a package arrived at my house from Foodbuzz: the new Eggo Real Fruit Pizzas.


My girls had only recently discovered the goodness from the toaster that is Eggo Waffles, so they were pretty excited to see the "swirly red lettering" on the boxes.

The fruit pizzas come packaged like any other microwave pizza; wrapped in plastic with a cardboard insert to cook them on. Another similarity: not enough toppings, in this case fruit, though the yogurt base and the granola are plentiful.

The Eggo Real Fruit Pizzas are quick to prepare, needing only one and a half minutes which is great for crazed mornings.

The real test in my house is always

Will the Girls Eat It?

The quick answer is yes.

Knowing my girls have small appetites they split the strawberry pizza. Though I thought it could have used more fruit the girls said it had enough. They loved the granola on top and the cinnamon/maple crust. Pronouncing it "yummy" and super-duper" I moved on the the mixed berry pizza.

Knowing my husband would be disappointed by the lack of blueberries on the mixed fruit pizza I added some fresh. He was pleased with the pizza, commenting on the crust being flavorful and "not like cardboard".

The Rundown:

The Eggo Real Fruit Pizzas were a hit in my house and will probably find their way onto my freezer shelves for those crazy mornings when I oversleep and don't have time to fix breakfast. I do recommend fresh fruit or spreadable fruit to supplement the toppings if an adult plans to nosh on one of these.

You can find the new Eggo Real Fruit Pizzas in the freezer section of your grocery store. Suggested retail price is $2.79.

Disclosure: I was sent the new Eggo Real Fruit Pizza to try. Thoughts and photos are my own.

0 comments:

Blogger template 'Pinki' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP

ss_blog_claim=cc9e1d94f6274b95f747d51cccacf62a