Thursday, May 28, 2009

Egg in a Nest - Making Eggs Fun

Sometimes the smallest change can make the largest impact when it comes to your children. There are some days that "eggy toast" (scrambled eggs on toast) is welcomed by my girls. Other days they just aren't interested.

A couple weeks ago I conjured up a recipe from my childhood: Egg in a Nest. It's not a difficult recipe... I'm not sure that it even qualifies as a recipe quite so much as it's just a different- and fun- presentation of the standard egg & toast.

What you need:
bread (one slice per nest)
egg (one per nest)
non-stick spray or butter
cookie cutter

Directions:
Heat non stick pan on medium high heat. Spray with cooking spray (I use olive oil in a Pampered Chef Kitchen Spritzer) or melt butter.
Cut design out of bread. I usually let my girls help with this part. They choose thier cookie cutter & cut the bread.
Add bread to pan. I flatten the bread with a spatula to make sure the egg can't "escape" when I add it.
Add egg. Cook to desired "done-ness". We like our eggs hard, so I flip as soon as the white become opaque.
You can also fry the cut out piece, too. Or toast it.

Ta-Da! Fun eggs!

2 comments:

Cindy B.of Montana

Legend loves this! His Mom makes it for him and he had to make sure that Grandma knew how to do it so he could have it when he's with us :)

Gudrun from Kitchen Gadget Girl

so funny! We actually had this for dinner on Monday, along with Zucchini Soup. And we love to do the holes in different shapes, depending on the time of year.

Blogger template 'Pinki' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP

ss_blog_claim=cc9e1d94f6274b95f747d51cccacf62a