Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Handy Tip for Thawing Chicken

I have no idea why I didn't think of this myself...

I was reading a recipe this morning that I found on my Dinner Spinner (free app for iPod Touch & iPhone. Super cool, check it out!)

Anyway, one of the recipes said "forget to thaw the chicken? No problem! Throw it in the crock pot with all the ingredients and cook..."

Well, I didn't want to make the recipe but I did need chicken breast for tonight. So I put the frozen chicken in the slow cooker for a couple hours on low. Now my chicken is mostly cooked and ready to be used tonight.

Seriously... The crock pot may be the best kitchen tool EVER!

1 comments:

Cindy B.of Montana

This sounds so much better than trying to do it in the microwave!

Blogger template 'Pinki' by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Jump to TOP

ss_blog_claim=cc9e1d94f6274b95f747d51cccacf62a